June 26, 2011

RX-78-G05 Head Work Part III


Working on the kit this evening. I felt like doing something- so I started on the legs as parts dry from paint.


From the last bout, I decided to start the basic pelvis. I don't know if I want to paint it... I need to make sure that it will be completely hidden. Know what... might as well not take a chance and give it a coat, then leave it be.


The kit came with about 10 trees, off the top of my head (I think!)


This MG kit is starting to shine. I am being stubborn by painting during assemblies, and in the end, we will put everything together. My patience is starting to shine: I'm not even finished the head and it looks gorgeous.


Another view.





Here you can see where the paint did not color up exactly. This is fine: the gray was a base coat so that I don't have to come back and apply another coat and risk overspray. You can see the seamline I was discussing earlier, and we will need to fill it.I made a mistake though, I put the head together without cementing it... if that joint isn't tippy top, the putty will crack.


No comments: