December 16, 2007

More 1/96 USS Constitution Work







Got a bit more Constitution work done today. I had attached the forward beam yesterday however if fell off and the peg broke off, so I am going to have to take some drastic measures to fix it. Last time I bump the ship around like a bafoon! I also attached the holders for the smaller boats near the front of the ship. I am adding in ladders to the lower deck and I am painting and installing the rims which look fantastic. I went back and repainted the name plate however I'm just not happy with the gold trim so I will be sanding and painting over it once I clean it all up. The letters came out perfect. I also painted the stands black to make them blend in. I also did touchup work on the rudder and made sure any copper was not seen.


The hardest part of the work was doin small scale painting on the engravings at the rear and front of the ship. My brush was too large so I resorted to a toothpick. Other than some minor touchup work the results were fantastic; I can let the pictures speak for themselves.

No comments: