January 16, 2007

Rolling On Out the Rage

I just came back from a nice day of classes, Gym final wasn't bad and we pretty much did nothing but study for tomorrows and Thursdays final exams.

Im done Engineering II, and it has been a good run. I got total revenge with Revenge of Firebird, learned I am not a glider designer, and that I can get a car to move on its own by mousetrap, but I need to work on quality and consistency. If there is one thing, its to keep all of the past failures and put them on proud display. Its not the fact that the designs did poorly, but its the fact that we can learn a lot from what we have done, and what we can do better. Return of Firebird and Revenge of Firebird are clear cut examples. Look at the difference in style there. Same engineer, different practices.

Were moving onto Engineering III. This class, according to the instructor is the "creme de la creme" of the Engineering Courses. For the next round of projects comes Rage of Firebird (C02 Cars, demonstrating Mechanical Engineering) The Weight Tower (A Tower holding onto weight much like toothpick bridges, showing civil engineering) and hovercraft boats (I have no idea how these work, but I will let you know!). Let me dig out the Firebird IV sketch, scan it, and I will post a pic of what we have here as the next car to beat (1.000) seconds.

No comments: