January 8, 2007

Katana Shopping Getting That Much Harder

Just when I came home with high grades on tough quizes today, I browse to find this... -__-


http://cgi.ebay.com/Hand-Forged-Shirasaya-Katana-buySAFE-SquareTrade_W0QQitemZ280038620314QQihZ018QQcategoryZ43338QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem


It seems like this shirasaya katana just jumped 316% in price, and that is way too much for a 1045 blade. Well of course I am complaining about individual sellers jacking up prices, and boohoo pitty party on how its not fair, but this is an alarming trend with a lot of Katana dealers. 97% of them out there are fake blades. 3% are either real antiques, or are genuine, real replicas made to be used. That 3% today is getting smaller, and I expect the balue on my Masahiro just went up too. Who knows, maybe the seller made a mistake, or this is a brief inflation. Either way, it makes me upset to know that it will be harder to continue a good collection going. Of couse if this seller in particular entered the price wrong, all of course, is forgiveable.

No comments: