November 23, 2005

In Progress on the Bench: F-14A Tomcat Aircraft Model


I picked this one up a little after I started on my 1/144 Gundam GINN model. This is a 1/72 Scale Replica of a F-14A Tomcat fighter jet, one of my personal favorites growing up and it still is today. The kit is made by Italeri, an Italian based modeling company, and from the box art the kit is a bit "dated". I have started with the construction process, and this baby is going to need a lot of TLC. Already I see heavy filing, sanding, puddying, painting, etc to rid of the horrid seam lines I just cant seem to get lucky with. I am really looking forward to making this model an outstanding one. I do plan on adding the bombs and missiles in olive drab colors, decals on the fins, and go to the pain of actually detailing the cockpit. By far the seats have been the worst pain in the rear in terms of puddy removal. Sanding? they look like a charm. With my rate of speed I expect to be done sometime in January on this one.