November 23, 2005

Completion: GINN High Maneuver ZGMF-1017M 1/144 SEED Gundam



GINN High maneuver
ZGMF-1017M MSV-03
1/144 HG SEED 2004
$23.99 imported

(Apologies about the blurry shots, I have a poor excuse of a camera but I did try and patch them up in a photo imaging program >_<)

-Recently completed my High Maneuver GINN Gundam over last weekend. We just moved around again to Nazareth and I picked up the kit over the summer when I found out that we had a hobby store not too far away. I finished on the 14th of November 2005 at a total build and prep time of roughly 7-8 hours give or take a few. This is one of my better models that I have improved my skills on.

-I like Bandai's recent release of these high grade kits. I like picking them up when I am short on money for something fun to do, and I ended up doing a fabulous job on my GINN here. The kit took around 7-8 hours to complete with various month laps to gather supplies.

-I decided to leave the chestplate off, mainly due to an accident with it that left it so it could not be attached and look good asthetically. I decided to leave it off, and the model still looks pretty dang neat. I went in and inked detail where the dots are on the feet and lower waist area, this particular model I did not bother to ink, again being a small 1/144. I may be inclined to ink it when my skills in that field improve. I decided to also customize my GINN here by painting the boosters black and the maching gun a different tone. I didn't want to mess with the sword (again being a smaller kit) so I tossed it back into the box. Articulation wise this is a great model, however due to the back weight it cannot stand upright on its own.

-When purchasing the model my intention was to put it on a display stand, purchased from a home depot store and stained then finished. I added green turf to add texture to the base for a quick "ooh and ahh" effect. If I was more serious about a scene or backdrop, I would have the base made bigger and further add to it. The model was glued down, the joints glued down to add to further stability. The model looks great up close, and after a coat of laquer finish I havn't seen a speck of dust on it. Decals look realistic but I know next model I can do a better job with it. Some flash marks if you look close enough but I got away with hiding most of them.

-Fun build, once the central computer is free I will have the pics edited and posted here in this post. Well thats one model down, onto the next ;)

-Rob

No comments: