May 26, 2012

Sony *Might* Interrupt Your Games and Show Advertisements in the Future

According to Screwattack.com, Sony has invested in a new patent which will allow them to display advertisements while you play a game that you paid for. As you are playing a game, you will be completely interrupted so that you can be shown an advertisement. The actual patent in question is called:

"the advertisement scheme for use with interactive content"

Should Sony decide to use this patent in games customers paid for, I will flat out boycott the console and any Sony devices from the initial date of use. People- it's time to stop bending over and taking it in the ass from the corporations. Let Sony know that this "scheme" is unacceptable in paid games.

You can contact Sony HERE to let them know that this is unacceptable.

source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghaHzgFk8y8&feature=g-all-u

My response to SCEA:

"Dear SCEA,

I was informed through a source that you have filed a patent for "the advertisement scheme for use with interactive content", which will allow SCEA to show commercials and advertisements in the middle of a player's game, interrupting their gameplay.

First and foremost, as a gamer that has over 20 years of experience, and a Sony customer for 16 years since the original Playstation, execution of this patent is absolutely unacceptable. I will discontinue purchasing your products, and will be informing my friends about the patent, should you intend and/or execute this patent into games I have already paid for.

I've had enough with corporations that think that the customer will bend over and suck this up. As a forewarning: people will be angry. I strongly urge you to rethink using this patent in paid games. Demos? free games? I don't care."

No comments: