December 1, 2011

It's Been Nearly Six Years...

It's Been Nearly Six Years... and going on seven. Back in 2005, I made this blog to highlight model builds that I planned to work on. I still stay true to that form... and have added additional content such as anime, engineering, military, etc. It has been a great road to travel on- knowing that I have visitors to the blog who actually do read it. 60,000 people may not be a lot for six years of work (I added that counter a year ago, who is to say I haven't had more?), but that wasn't the goal from the start. When this blog started- blogger was getting on its feet with a clunky layout and confusing interface. With fine tuning and major overhauls, it has become an easy place to manage rather than attempt to run a website, and especially- pay for one.

The goal was to make content and context, rather than score sensational views. I am proud of this blog, and myself for sticking at it for the longest time. I have no plans to close down- and many, many more models to build. Back then, I couldn't have imagined what I would be doing these days, and how far I have come along.

I've decided to give myself two titles. I take up Plamotaku, but I would like my pen name to be Rob the Builder. YES, I am referencing the children's show Bob the Builder, and I welcome any jokes that point in that direction. It suits me, and for chugging at something I love this long, it is the least that I can do for myself.

Model building has kept me out of trouble. It is a fun hobby that sometimes requires problem solving skills, and always a ton of patience. My results over the years have only improved, and I expect the trend to continue on. I may not build museum quality models, but I do build models that I am proud of- and that is what it is all about, folks.

Thanks for reading.

-Rob the Builder

No comments: