October 1, 2008

The Recycling Project


We all know that recycling is green: businesses go green to save green and everyone else goes green to reduce their ecological footprint.



I wanted to run a personal experiment for the month of October. For one month I will record how much I am recycling and what I am recycling. I will report back with how much I have saved and the approximate weight of material recycled (I don't know how much will be recovered in the recycling process, so I will report "material recycled"). This includes paper, aluminum cans, plastic bottles, glass and anything else plastic that is acceptable to recycle. I also do not dispose of batteries, but I do collect them for disposal later. It is the same with all the chemicals I use when doing model building- any pain thinner, paint, etc is somewhat neutralized with mineral spirits then I will wait to take it to a proper disposal facility.

No comments: