September 22, 2008

Tom's Shot the Dog- Sayonara Toonami


Toonami, a broadcast run on cartoon network of popular shows such as Naruto and Ben Ten is shutting down. I remember the memories of Toonami back in 1998 when Gundam Wing was aired. I find it fitting to mention Toonami because back then when they aired DragonballZ and Gundam Wing, I was hooked. Their programming has slid ever since they finished DragonballZ, and in fact Cartoon Network has gone cheaper and younger. Shows like "Blu's House of Imaginary Friends" is so cheapy done that it makes me sick. Shows in the past like Pinky and the Brain, Tom and Jerry, Dexter's Laboratory, etc kick the living SNOT out of today's Cartoon Network.


It is a true shame and displeasure (or pleasure? Toonami and Cartoon Network as a whole now suck) that Toonami is being taken off the air. It seems that Cartoon Network wants to cater to a younger crowd, and even adult swim has been sucking lately. Ever since they started promoting Aqua Teen Hunger Force things went down the drain. I remember they brought classics like Gundam 08th MS Team and FLCL. Fond memories, and they leave me as I progress into the future. Tis not the end of the world, though.


Hijacked from DannyChoo-

1 comment:

Vongola_samurai said...

yea, i have to agree that CN really suck lately. they dont really show any good anime anymore.