August 19, 2017

The Post On Facebook That Got Censored


4A on top. 4B on bottom.

I don't do Facebook anymore. That's because when I posted the following post (enhanced here) facebook categorized it as 'uncomfortable hate speech'. "Fuck 'em" I said. And what did I say? well... here is what I said. Almost verbatim. I provided links in this article, but never in the original facebook post. Ridiculous, I know. So hateful. Maybe it's hateful to AR/M-4 style rifles? Maybe there is a 'hidden agenda' there.

"With the acquisition of 4B and its movement into a primary weapon role, that leaves 4A, my AK-47 rifle on the sideline. 4B is more portable and fires a straighter firing cartridge than 7.62 x 39mm. That doesn't mean that 4A is useless. The Zastava M70 NPAP was built with a high comb in mind for optics use. By installing an optic the platform can be used as a 'Designated Marksman Rifle' or 'DMR'. The AK-47 isn't the prime choice for a DMR, but it is a common weapon with a common caliber that is able to make close and rapid follow up shots. For this reason an optic with quick acquisition is desired.

The 7.62 x 39mm cartridge begins to drop off after 250-300 yards. With its heavier grain bullet the 7.62 x 39mm hits like a truck within 250 yards. Within that distance the AK is a suitable platform. It can extend past 300 yards, but you will need to be a good shot and use holdover to hit your target. The optic I have chosen to go with is the Vortex Strike Eagle 1x-6x by 24mm. It offers fast acquisition at an affordable price. The BDC would help on 4B, but sadly not for 4A. That is the only other accessory this AK needs. Separate from that, the AK is fine 'as is'.

Additional notes for this post: I got to hold and examine a strike eagle in this range. It is pretty lightweight, clear and affordable. I like it.

No comments: